Remote Ticket Entry (RTE) is a free, self-service program that JULIE offers to excavators working in Illinois who want to enter and submit their own locate requests. RTE is a web-based application that can be used with any Internet browser. A 60 minute online training is required at no cost.
Benefits of Using Remote Ticket Entry (RTE)
- RTE provides an alternative to calling JULIE, waiting for an operator and having to verbalize your request.
- RTE is fast, convenient and easy to use. Locate requests can be entered and submitted any time by users from their work, home or mobile office without delay.
- Users enter their own information into the locate request entry form and have access to the same maps and drop-down entry tools as JULIE call center agents while processing requests.
- There is no charge to use RTE and the convenient online training is also free.
- RTE users are provided a Dig Number immediately after the locate request is submitted along with a list of member utility companies that will be notified.
- RTE users can submit NEW requests and EXTEND requests for ongoing projects.
- RTE users can print a copy of their locate request for their records or to send to the job site.
- RTE users can access locate requests previously submitted or called in by themselves or by other callers from their company.