Damage Prevention Advocacy Award
In recognition of Gina Meehan-Taylor’s tireless and passionate work as a damage prevention advocate in Illinois, the JULIE, Inc. Board of Directors has established this award in her honor. Gina was the public awareness supervisor at Ameren Illinois, a past member of the JULIE Board of Directors and a member of the JULIE Public Education Committee. This award was created to recognize Gina’s efforts to protect underground utilities, the people who work around them and the entire state of Illinois.
The award recipient will receive a certificate of recognition and a $250 gift card. An honorary donation will be made in the award winner’s name to the Jim Meehan & Gina Meehan-Taylor Charity Golf Outing.
The award is presented at the JULIE Annual Meeting in July to an individual, company or organization who may or may not serve specifically in a damage prevention role, but who:
- Champions the importance of protecting underground utilities in Illinois,
- Actively promotes the importance and need to contact JULIE/811 prior to digging,
- Is dedicated to efforts to enhance underground damage prevention,
- Made a lasting and positive impact on underground damage prevention through outreach, education and advocacy,
- Demonstrates leadership in damage prevention at the local, regional or national level,
- Embodies the qualities that made Gina a true champion for damage prevention: selfless, courageous, devoted, loving, positive, joyful and strong.
Nominations are reviewed at the June meeting of the JULIE Public Education Committee. The winner and nominee will be notified no later than June 30 each year.
To nominate someone, please complete and submit the form below or download a fillable form. All nominations must be submitted electronically no later than May 31 each year.
*JULIE employees are not eligible for this award.